This tour will take you canoeing through the beautiful Dordogne valley. You will journey through history at the foot of medieval villages, castles and caves.
Each evening of each stage you will stay in carefully selected 2 and 3 star hotels and discover the richness and variety of the Perigord gastronomy.
DATES : April 1 to October 31
DURATION OF STAY : From 3 to 6 days
- Accommodation in 2 star Hotel depending on the programme
- A map of the Dordogne River
- Transport of luggage from one Hotel to the next.
- Technical assistance
- Transport of equipment and people by minibus depending on the programme
- 1 tandem canoe, paddles, life jackets and waterproof containers, initiation by an instructor
- Drinks, lunches
- Entry to Sites and Monuments
- Personal Expenditure
- Extra night in Hotel including room and breakfast: 52 euros/person in double room , 85 euros/person single room.
- 25% discount for children from 5 to 11 years sharing parents room & canoe
(Maximum 3 persons per canoe)
- Option: transfer from Souillac station: 55 euros/person (Return)
- Golf class 1, accessible to all.
- Suitable for people at any level who are able to swim 25m and immerse themselves fully in water (Attestation swimming & sign on arrival)
- Option picnic : + 15 euros/day/person
Check in at Vitrac
Reception and presentation of the route by an organiser.
Presentation of river map. Dinner and night at Hotel in Vitrac .
Check out Hotel at 9am. Departure for the base Canoe point at Vitrac.
Distribution of equipment (canoe, life jackets, paddles, waterproof containers) - Initiation
Transfer at the point of departure of the Trek.
Check in, Dinner and the night at a 2 star Hotel.
Option 6 days/5 nights: Departure Beaulieu/Carennac: 20 km
Gintrac; ruins Chateau de Taillefer; Carennac; medieval Bourgade.
Dinner and the night at a ** Hotel in Carennac.
Option 5 days/4 nights: Departure Carennac/Meyronne: 21 km
Floirac; small town rich in history.
Gluges; small village on a bend of the Dordogne river dominated by Belvedere Copeyre.
Dinner and the night at the hotel Meyronne.
Option 4 days/3 nights: Departure Meyronne/Souillac: 20 km
Lacave, famous for its caves. Chateaux Belcastel and Treyne. Souillac, the joyous city of jazz in the summer.
Dinner and the night at Hotel*** in Souillac
Option 3 days/2 nights: Departure Souillac/Vitrac: 28 km
Arrival in the Perigord Noir, St Julien de Lampon church with remarkable frescoes from the 16th century. The Cingle de Montfort or the Chateau de Montfort
Dinner and night at 2 star hotel in Vitrac or La Roque Gageac
Last stage: Stage Vitrac/Beynac: 16 km
Passage in front of Domme, medieval Bastide town overlooking the Dordogne. La Roque Gageac, village built between cliffs and Dordogne river. Castelnaud chateau, Museum of War in the Middle Ages. Chateau de Beynac, one of the four baronies of PâˆšÂ©rigord
Return by minibus and free time in Vitrac.
End of stay